Visual Matrix offers the ability to search and open, modify, email and print a folio that has been checked out on a previous date.
To retrieve an old folio navigate to Front Office > Cashiering > Guest Account
Retrieve Old Folio
Select Retrieve Old Folio from the Toolbox Menu in the top right.
The Retrieve Old Folio window will populate where you can enter search parameters.
- Search Options allows you to search based on City Ledger, Confirmation Number (local), Credit Card number (last 4 digits), Guest Last Name, Room Number, and Central Res Confirmation Number.
- Modify the Arrival Date range that the guest would have checked in using the From and To calendars. The arrival date range only looks at when a reservation arrived and is not based on the arrival AND departure.
- The Search Field will either be a drop-down menu or a text entry field based on the Search Option selected. For example, if searching by Confirmation number, type the confirmation into the Search Field.
- Click Refresh.
- Folios that match the search parameters in place will display in the preview window.
- The Preview Window shows the folio's arrival/departure date, the local confirmation number, the room number, the folio (A, B, C, or D), the guest's name, the group's name if one was attached, and the method of payment.
- Double click to view into a folio.
- You can post a charge, adjust a post, refund the guest, charge the guest, print and email a copy of any checked out folio.
- Once done, select Close at the bottom.