- Notifies guests when their room is available for check-in (when a clean room is assigned, or when the room that's assigned is marked clean).
- Sends a welcome message to guests at check-in.
- Accepts special requests from guests via text message during their stay (sends customer confirmation when posted, asks for room number if multiple rooms have the same cell number).
- Notifies the On-Call hotel employees when a guest text is received (notifies guest when clerk marks complete).
- Sends an automatic thank-you message at checkout.
The Customer Experience from Room Available to Check-Out
The customer has elected to receive text alerts. The box has been checked in the reservation:
- When a vacant & cleanroom is assigned to the reservation the guest will be sent an alert advising their room is ready. If you assign a dirty room, no alert is sent until the room is cleaned.
- Once the guest checks in, they will receive a welcome alert. It explains that if they need anything during their stay they can just reply to this text. This message can be personalized.
- When a guest needs something (like extra towels), they can send a text message as a reply to the welcome text they received. This will send a text message to each user in the On-Call section set to receive Guest.
- The guest in the room will receive a message that says their request has been received.
- The text goes to the user(s) and the request gets created in Front Office > Supervisor > Text Alerts.
- This has the same functionality as Special Requests. You can see the request here and you complete the request here.
- Once the request is completed here it sends a text to the guest stating the request has been marked completed.
- When the guest checks out, they will receive a Thank you for staying message.
Guests will also receive an opt-out alert as well in case they do not want to receive text messages. They can opt out which unchecks text messages from their reservation.
Pre-Setup Automatic Responses (VM Cloud only)
Messaging only works for the guest while they are checked in.
- If two rooms share the same phone number and the guest sends a request, they will be asked which room has the request.
- If the guest enters a room number that does not have the phone number they are texting from they will receive a message along the lines of “a reservation cannot be found with this number, please contact the front desk”.
- If a guest sends a text message before check-in or after check out they will receive a message to call the hotel.