2. Narrow down the report using the optional available filters (from left to right):
- Log Date: by default the current date, but you can always use this report to search for a previous day.
- Error / Warning: by default, both boxes are checked, keep the checkmark in the box of what you are looking for and remove the other.
- an error is final, if a request returns an error, the request cannot be completed.
- a warning means that part of the request went through but some did not. The response will explain which issues need to be corrected.
3. Click Search.
4. The report will show:
- date and time of the error.
- the lenght (number of lines) that were sent.
- time length since the last error.
- the Echo Token that is used between VM and MW.
- the root the error was linked to.
- the Status, if it is an error or a warning.
Double-click anywhere on a line to open the message log.
5. Click Print to keep a copy.
6. You will have the choice between three reports:
- Selected XML file: if you have chosen a specific file to print.
- CRS Error Only Log: will print errors only.
- CRS Error/Warning Log: all errors and warnings.