The Transaction Log report shows all transactions made for the selected user and date. The filters allow you to choose what posting type (revenue, payment, etc) you wish to see as well as what category the code is associated with or to view any transactions for a specific accounting code a user has posted for the selected date.
Path: Front Office > Reports > Front Office > Trans Log.
The Transaction Log report screen can be divide into 3 sections:
- The Operator Cash out.
- The Operator Totals.
- The Transactions Details.
This is the exact same process than with the Operator Cash Out report
but will show ALL transactions and not only payments.
1. Narrow down the report using the optional available filters from the Operator Cash Out section (from top to bottom):
- by date. The date cannot be changed. For the Operator Cash Out report for a previous day, go to Accounting > Night Audit > Reprint Report.
- by operator ID.
- by type of transaction: advance deposit transfer (7T), guest ledger balance, payment or revenue.
- by category of payment or revenue.
- by accounting code.
2. Click Refresh.
3. Complete the "Reported" column from the Operator Totals section. The System Total are from Visual Matrix activity for the current day based on the filters selected in the Operator Cash Out section. From left to right:
- System Total: shows the total amount that was posted in Visual Matrix.
- Reported: users have to enter here at the end of their shift the total that they have in hand to compare with what has been posted in Visual Matrix.
- For the Cash, the reported will be the amount that is in the draw minus the cash fund that stays in the draw.
- For the Checks, the reported will be the total amount of all checks collected.
- For the Credit Cards, if you are processing through Visual Matrix, the amount will be the one from the System Total field. If you are not processing through Visual Matrix, the amount will come from the end of shift or sub total tickets generated by your external credit card machine.
- Over/(Short): will show any discrepancy between the System Total and the Reported.
Each user have to report their own separate total at the end of their shift. The night audit will only check the total reported by each user by choosing ALL in the Operator Id in the Operator Cash Out section (1).
What if someone post a payment and someone else void or adjust it?
What will happen is that user#1 will have a payment on his/her report that has never been taken, and user#2 will have a refund or adjustment that was never really refunded? Each of those report will offset each other. If this situation occurs, only report exactly what is in the System Total.
4. View the report before print.
5. Click Print
- Accounting code and name of the transaction posted.
- Room number and folio or code of the house account where the transaction was posted.
- Visual Matrix Internal Transaction ID.
- Confirmation # of the folio (group or individual) where the transaction was posted on.
- Guest or group name or name of the House Account if the amount was posted in one.
- Reference noted either from the reference field when posting or as a reason of void or adjustment.
- Amount of the transaction.
- Amount adjusted in case of an override.
- Visual Matrix Transaction ID of the original posting.
- Date the original transaction was posted.
- If the transaction was voided, an X will show.
- If the transaction was a transfer from a group master or from another room/folio, the original room will show in the "From" column.
- ID of the user who posted the transaction.
- Time the transaction was posted.
- Total posted for each accounting code.