The Operator Cash Out screen is divided into 3 sections and 3 reports:
- The Operator Cash out.
- The Operator Totals.
- The Transactions Details.
1. Narrow down the report using the optional available filters from the Operator Cash Out section (from top to bottom):
- by operator ID.
- by type of transaction: being the Operator Cash Out, only Payment will show.
- by category of payment (cash, check or credit card).
- by accounting code of payment type.
2. Click Refresh.
3. Complete the "Reported" column from the Operator Totals section. The System Total are from Visual Matrix activity for the current day based on the filters selected in the Operator Cash Out section. From left to right:
- System Total: shows the total amount that was posted in Visual Matrix.
- Reported: users have to enter here at the end of their shift the total that they have in hand to compare with what has been posted in Visual Matrix.
- For the Cash, the reported will be the amount that is in the draw minus the cash fund that stays in the draw.
- For the Checks, the reported will be the total amount of all checks collected.
- For the Credit Cards, if you are processing through Visual Matrix, the amount will be the one from the System Total field. If you are not processing through Visual Matrix, the amount will come from the end of shift or sub total tickets generated by your external credit card machine.
- Over/(Short): will show any discrepancy between the System Total and the Reported.
Each user have to report their own separate total at the end of their shift. The night audit will only check the total reported by each user by choosing ALL in the Operator Id in the Operator Cash Out section (1).
What if someone post a payment and someone else void or adjust it?
What will happen is that user#1 will have a payment on his/her report that has never been taken, and user#2 will have a refund or adjustment that was never really refunded? Each of those report will offset each other. If this situation occurs, only report exactly what is in the System Total.
4. View the report before print.
5. Click Print
Detailed report - Operator Cash Out
- Accounting code.
- Name/description of the payment type.
- Room number and folio or code of the House Account where the payment was posted.
- Visual Matrix internal transaction ID.
- Confirmation number of the folio where the transaction was posted.
- Guest or group name on the folio.
- Name of the house account if the payment was posted in one, as well as anything noted either in the reference field when posting or as a reason of void or adjustment.
- Amount credit or debit posted.
- Amount of the adjustment if not an original posting.
- Visual Matrix internal transaction ID of the original posting in case of an adjustment.
- Date of the original posting.
- If the transaction was voided, an X will show.
- If the payment is a transfer from another room, the original room will show in the "From" column.
- ID of the user who posted the payment, adjustment or did the void.
- Time of the transaction.
- Total for each accounting code.
Detailed report - Operator Cash Out Totals
- Category (being the Operator Cash Out, there will only be the Payment category).
- Payment type Accounting code.
- Description/name of the payment.
- Totals posted for each payment type.
- Totals adjusted for each payment type.
- Totals for the line (posted minus adjusted).
- Grand Total for the Payment Category.
Detailed report - Totals from the System and Totals Reported
This last section will show the total of all users by category of payment (cash, check and credit cards) reported by the system and reported by the user and the Grand Total.